Top Tips for Back To School for children and parents.
For the lunch packers;
- Batch cook and prepare
- Divide into portions
- Create a snack station to help involve kids
- Reuse food pouches for frozen homemade smoothies
- Hard boiled eggs are great to do at the start of the week and they last for ages!
- Make lunches the night before
- Heated up food kept in a thermos are great for a warm bite of home during the day
- Cookie cutters make everything better (fruit, sandwiches, etc.)
- FREEZE, FREEZE, FREEZE!!
For the taxi drivers;
- Follow a similar routine every day, this will not only make it easier for you but also your kids
- Leave plenty of time – don’t rush
- Park and walk to the gate to create some calmness
- Bringing a dog or animal can help anxious children on drop offs and collections
- A treat after a specially hard day is always welcomed at pick up!
- Who said “Dance Partyyy!!”, sitting in traffic is a great place for a boogie!
For the school goers;
- Create a dedicated workspace
- Preparation is key
- Lay everything out the night before
- Get a good nights sleep
- Try to keep on top of things as they pop up
- Holidays are just around the corner!